For immediate publication
December 23th, 2000
Here are the latest news regarding French Touch's arcade racing game WaterRace:
1) We have received the copies from production a few days ago so the pre-orders are now closed.
You can buy the Waterrace CD (with printed users manual) for US $39 only (international shipping & handling included!!) from our web site:
You should get your copy in one or two weeks depending on your location.
2) We have released a new version of the WaterRace demo.
New & improved features in WaterRace demo 1.1:
new ship: Formula 1 (!)
new levels: Artic & Halong (!)
adaptative AI (the bots now wait for the human player so he/she does
not race alone)
a bit less difficult
fixed a problem with the error messages displayed when QD3D was not
now renders using the Apple Software engine on 3Dfx V3 cards. You need
to trash the WaterRace preference file located inside the "French
Touch" folder of the Preferences folder.
mouse support (hidden option)
If you have installed MacOS X Beta, you need to remove the "Classic
Rave" extension located inside the Extensions folder to play
If you are in trouble controlling the ships, read the enclosed "Ship
Driving tips" text file.
3Dfx V3 compatibility with WaterRace is not assured anymore, since
3Dfx went out of business before their Mac driver team was able to fix
the remaining bugs which should have been fixed in 1.1.3 final.
We are now trying to figure out a workaround solution.
3) We will release the corresponding 1.0.1 patch for the complete version of WaterRace later on.
4) A french version of the demo is now available.
5) Distribution in European countries is now completed thanks to a deal with Softline & Arktis (more info on the WaterRace web site). Distribution in the USA and in Japan should follow shortly.
We wish you a happy Christmas!
The French Touch team
French Touch is a independent European game developer dedicated to the creation of exclusive 3D games for the Macintosh. Their first title is a water racing game called WaterRace.
More info can be found in the following web sites (including archives of the press releases and high-definition versions of the logos):
|Contact: Stéphane Rosset